Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thirsty?

Today was a HOT one. Too hot, too humid, too sticky. Not really a big eating day, needless to say. I was uninspired by tap water and not relishing the thought of drinking 2 gallons of it, neither. So I made up some good (non-alcoholic, unfortch. And still wondering why?), cold drinks to accompany on my evening alone while I pray that it rains.

First, we have a blackberry-catnip-mint iced tea with honey. All plucked from my yard (of course), except the honey (of course. If you know anything about my fear of flying stingy insects, you'll understand). Lovely, fruity, sweet, cool and fresh tasting. Yum. Drank most of that already.


Next, inspired by an idea my friend had, I made some juice-cicles (poured white grape juice halfway up the ice cube trays, froze, then poured strawberry-banana juice over the frozen grape juice and froze again), and added club soda. It's pretty, simple, crisp, and cold, which club soda must be (I hate it with ice cubes because at the end it's just, well, flat-tasting water, and I hate it with no ice because when club soda is warm, well, EW. Perfect solution to THAT problem, thanks hon! :) )
Dontcha just wanna dive in?


No comments: