Monday, July 14, 2008

Explanation.

So, I'm good with food. Most foods, I can do something pretty good with, if not freaking fantastic. I can bake (although I don't particularly CARE for baking. Too much measuring. But I'll do it for the sake of deliciousness), I can make a mean roast, I can do a whole damn party spread from scratch. And people are always like, You should do this! You could do catering! Why don't you think about that? You should TOTALLY sell the cakes you make... make a portfolio!

Well, the thing is, I'm no chef. I've never taken a cooking class. Not once. I'm a stay at home mother who in addition to cooking sews, crafts, draws, makes lists and concocts laundry detergent.

I wouldn't know how to do anything with food professionally if it would save my life, probably.

So I decided, with some gentle arm-twisting from a friend, to start this food blog, to hash out some ideas, to have an online portfolio of sorts, to talk about my favorite hobby: food.

I think it'll be fun, and hey, if no one else reads it, I'll just use it as a journal.

So, there you have it. Let the games begin!

No comments: