Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Disaster Mainly Averted -or- How to Make a Lovely Cup of Mint Tea

Did you ever have a day where you felt bad, so you ate bad? Evil, processed things that shouldn't ever pass your lips... and then they do anyways, just because you went to the grocery store hungry in the morning and it was all downhill from there?

I am having one of those days.

Tomorrow, I will start the day off right, bake some bread, make a lovely breakfast, and prepare wonderful, simple foods. And simple usually means healthy. And healthy means beautiful. And beautiful food will mean pictures for my blog. :)

For now, I will go make some tea with the mint from my garden and pray I don't get an awful stomach ache from all of the garbage I just tossed down my system.


How I will make said tea from above leaves, picked fresh just before sunset:

First, mash it up until it's glisteny and your kitchen smells heavenly.

Then, happen upon a miniature colander because you've lost your tea-ball. Place the mint (yes, that's mint, not anything that may be considerably more happifying and/or illegal, I'm a momma now people) and some dried lavender, also from the garden, into said miniature colander.

Place contraption now containing tea leaves into your birthday teacup on your birthday saucer, with your birthday cookbook just behind as a lovely backdrop.







Pour hot-but-not-boiling water from your birthday teapot over leaves, careful not to overflow and scatter crushed mint leaves inside of your birthday teacup.

Take a quaint picture of all of your birthday food-and-drink related presents of yesteryear and enjoy your lovely spring-green cup of tea (also take in the fact that when you buy mint tea bags from the store, the tea is brown). Add some honey if you'd like. Read your birthday cookbook (which you've recently become obsessed with all over again), or write a blog post about how to make a cup of tea.


My stomach feels better already.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmmmmm. I want to visit your kitchen!!! I can just smell all of the lovely things you make.

April said...

I love mint tea...and this just makes me want to most definitely have mint in our garden. yum!!

Ashlee Rose said...

It grows like weeds.

Oh and April, I totally thought when I saw you commented that you were coming to yell at me about the mac & cheese upwards. Hee... you're a dear. Thanks for not shunning me.

I promise, the diet thing will happen again.